Daron Larson | Speaker, Teacher, Coach
I draw from what you already know about physical fitness to help you navigate the challenges of mindfulness practice.
In addition to coaching individuals, I give talks, lead workshops, and teach class series for companies, hospitals, continuing education programs, and in prisons.
As a parent, social worker, information specialist, and librarian, I have always been energized by identifying relevant resources to help people more effectively navigate personal and professional challenges.
My attentional fitness approach to mindfulness
- develops self-awareness and emotional regulation skills
- improves the way you react, respond, and relate – to thoughts, feelings, and other people
- strengthens attentive listening and empathy for better connection and collaboration
- uses exercises grounded in evidence-based research
- supplements (doesn’t replace) other supports and strategies
strengthens your body.
strengthens your attention.
Ready to start training your attention?
- book a chat to discuss working together
- check out my guided exercises on Insight Timer
- sign up for a class
- join us for group mindfulness practice sessions
- subscribe to my bi-monthly Scattered Attention newsletter
- follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn
- get information about our contemplative photography camping trip, Sep. 26–30, in Northern New Mexico
Train your attention
with or without meditation.
Relate more effectively
to the challenges of REAL life.
- Consistent daily mindfulness practice since 2002 (approximately 3,600 hours)
- Ongoing education including intensive practice during annual silent meditation retreats since 2002 (longest retreat was three weeks, most are five-to-ten days)
- Mindful awareness coaching, teaching, and speaking since 2009
- Senior mindfulness teacher for Unified Mindfulness training programs
- IMPACT Solutions (Ohio EAP) Provider of the Year for 2017 (mindfulness speaker and coach)
- TEDxColumbus Talk (Nov. 2015) has been viewed nearly 260,000 times on YouTube
- Contributed brain scans as an adept meditator for neuroscience research studies at Harvard Medical School and the University of Vermont
- Contributed guided exercises for the Brightmind and Insight Timer meditation apps
Talks and podcast conversations
"During our conversation I really felt that not only is Daron passionate and deeply interested in his work, but he really cares for the people he is helping. I actually felt he really cared for me, with all my questions. And in the weeks, now months since we had this conversation, I've received several emails from Daron with a short note and often an attachment to an article he thought I would personally find interesting. And he was spot on each time."
"How being more mindful can make you a better runner."