Daron Larson helps people feel more at home in their lives by encouraging them to habitually notice ordinary experiences in liberating ways.
Daron teaches mindfulness practice as attention training, using the challenges and benefits of physical fitness to help navigate similar aspects of developing attentional skills. Attentional Fitness Training is a natural, mindfulness-inspired, science-backed addition to the strategies currently available for healthier living.
Daron has been practicing mindfulness daily to disrupt his own default narrative mode since his first silent meditation retreat in October 2002. He demystifies contemplative concepts, customizes mindfulness exercises, and develops practical programs to target attention-related challenges and interests.
He is more interested in the core humanity we all share than in what distinguishes us from each other. Shinzen Young's approach to contemplative practice has been a significant influence in this regard, making it possible to detect wisdom from unexpected sources and to impact suffering regardless of beliefs and ideologies. Enjoys collaborating to design contemplative, dogma-free celebrations and ceremonies.
Daron has also participated as an adept meditator — meditating in fMRI scanners — for neuroscience research studies conducted at Harvard Medical School and The University of Vermont College of Medicine.
As a parent, social worker, information specialist, and librarian, Daron has enjoyed identifying relevant resources to help people more effectively navigate personal and professional challenges.
In addition to coaching individuals, he has facilitated classes and workshops for:
- Arena District Athletic Club
- The Arts Castle
- Basic Mindfulness Home Practice Program [teachers & facilitators]
- The Delaware Unitarian Universalist Fellowship
- Dublin Community Recreation Center
- IGS Energy
- IMPACT Solutions
- JamesCare for Life
- Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams
- The Linworth Program
- Marion Correctional Institution
- Midwest Veterinary Conference
- Mount Carmel Women's Health, Health Living Center, and Crime & Trauma Assistance Porgram
- Nationwide Children's Hospital Employee Wellness
- Otterbein College Department of Music
- Pecha Kucha Night Columbus #14
- State of Ohio Training Association
- State Auto Insurance Companies
- Upper Arlington LifeLong Learning & Leisure